1. Personal information collected by Poody and Berty to fulfil your order includes your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact us directly.
2. Legal Processing of Information
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information including: as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support; when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list; if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services;
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We do not share your personal information with any third party. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information where we have a reasonable belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. Information Storage Management
We will ensure that your data is stored securely. If there is a data breach, customers will be informed without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware.
5. Information Retention
6. Your Rights
You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us directly. You may also have right to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons), we will generally delete your personal information upon request. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
8. For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Jacqueline Thompson and Clare Mayo, are the data controllers of your personal information. We are not required by law to have a designated Data Protection Officer; however, we will always be transparent with how we have obtained a customer’s personal information.
9. Contact Details:
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at